AT THE DRIVE-IN
DRIVE-IN EVENT FAQS
- We are located at 2207 Millstream Road, Langford in the main parking lot of the Westshore Motorsports Park (formerly Western Speedway).
- Our lot can comfortably fit 75-125 regular size vehicles (including pickups and SUVs).
- Wheelchair accessible indoor washrooms are located within 100 feet of the furthest vehicle when parked. Both washrooms (men's and women's) are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each movie by trained staff.
- We have access to a large selection of movies that we license directly from the distribution rights owner or their agent. We can almost guarantee that we'll be able to license one or more of your top movie choices.
- Please note that, brand new releases that have been licensed exclusively to large movie theatre chains (ie. Cineplex) or almost any movie currently available or soon to be released on the Disney+ platform, are typically not available for licensing or have a significantly higher licensing fee associated with them.
Equipment and staffing is included in our event fees, and typically includes:
- Exclusive access to the event location for up to 5 hours.
- Our widescreen (16:9) 48 foot open-air projection screen.
- 1 x 4K UHD Digital Laser Projector with rigging and assembly.
- 1 x Long-Range TR501 FM Transmitter (capable of transmitting up to 1km).
- Access to the Legacy Drive-In online ticketing and digital survey platforms to distribute tickets and/or collect information from your guests. (any information collected in relation to a private event will be entirely owned by the individual or company that booked the event)
- A minimum of 2 Legacy Drive-In staff members, including one trained AV Technician / Site Manager.
- We prefer to book private events on Monday-Thursday to accommodate our publicly available movie schedule on Friday-Sunday, but would be happy to discuss the possibility of weekend events if requested.
- From November 19th to December 31st, 2021, Legacy Drive-In will have ticketed holiday movies every Friday-Sunday as part of the "Christmas in Langford" event series. However, we have reserved the right to book a limited number of private events on those days at a minimum price of $3,500 + tax.
- Private event prices typically range from $1500 to $5000 + tax (movie license included).
- Specific event pricing is dependent on several factors such as the movie title and date requested, the number of expected vehicles, staffing requirements, food and beverage options, etc.
- A quote will be provided after we discuss the details of your event.
- A Note for Charities: if you are a charitable organization or you are planning and event for a charitable organization or purpose, we may be able to provide additional pricing options. Please advise us if you believe that you fall into this category.
Although the Westshore Burger Co. is now closed until the Spring motorsports schedule resumes, you may choose from one of the following food and beverage options:
- Option 1: we can provide a concession with items available for purchase at your event including candy, popcorn, chips, and drinks (hot and cold).
- Option 2: we can provide you with a list of local food trucks that are available on that day and arrange to have them on-site for your event (specific food trucks are dependant on availability).
- Option 3: we can provide you and your guests with discounted rates for food and beverages at a select group of local restaurants that can be picked-up by you or your guests in advance of the show (discounted rates are pre-negotiated between Legacy Drive-In and our restaurant partners, and are only available for use on the date of the corresponding event).
Food and beverage options are only available upon request and must be coordinated in advance. Therefore, please give us at least 7 days notice if you are interested in having us arrange a concession, as we may not be able to fulfill your request in less than 7 days.
We take the safety of you and your guests very seriously.
- Before each shift, our staff complete and submit a Covid-19 self-assessment through the BC Self-Assessment Tool provided by Thrive Health.
- The Legacy Drive-In staff wash their hands at regular intervals during each scheduled event, and wear face mask while indoors, handling food/concession items, or when communicating within 6 feet of other staff or guests. If requested, our staff will wear masks and gloves at all times during the event.
- In accordance with Covid-19 guidelines, we request that guests wear masks while they are using the washrooms and practice social distancing while they are moving around the drive-in. Masks are not required if guests are inside their cars or more than 6 feet away from others.
- Whenever possible, cars are parked in every other parking stall, which leaves as much as 10 feet between each car.
- A limited number of portable radios are available upon request. If required, we recommend that guests bring their own battery powered analog FM radio (digital FM radios, like those on your cell phone, will not pick-up our FM frequency).
- On-Site Insurance: $2M liability coverage.
- We have two portable jump-start kits in case any car batteries die during the show.
- Movie previews and/or pre-show music, trivia and giveaways can be arranged up to 30 minutes in advance of the main showtime. Presentations with sponsor logos and videos provided by you can also be played during this time.
- If requested, a microphone can be provided for you to speak directly to your guests through their vehicle speakers in advance of the show.